January 2, 2020
British Columbia Fun Facts
Listed below are eight small conversation pieces about Burnaby—and each of them is a professional real reality:
- Burnaby could be the 3rd biggest city in Brit Columbia (after Vancouver and Surrey), with a population of approximately 223, 000.
- The city had been called after Robert Burnaby who had investigated the region around Burnaby Lake in 1859. a business and businessman, Robert Burnaby had been active in many different neighborhood matters and helped develop most of the west coastline.
- Known Burnaby residents feature: singer Michael Buble, star Michael J. Fox, NHL hall-of-famer Joe Sakic, and nationwide soccer team player Christine Sinclair.
- Burnaby’s official flower may be the rhododendron.
- Burnaby’s ‘Sister Cities’ tend to be Kushiro Japan, Mesa, Arizona, Hwaseong, Korea and Zhongshan City, China.
- Burnaby’s Simon Fraser University may be the only Canadian college competing into the nationwide Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
- Burnaby’s proportion of parkland to residents is amongst the greatest in North America. 25per cent of Burnaby’s land is designated as parks and open area (the city has actually over 200 parks!)
- Installed in 1956 with what is referred to as Heights shopping district, Helen ‘the Swinging Girl” neon sign had been approved as a civic history landmark this season. The landmark is known as among the best examples of kinetic neon art in united states and is included as a destination on neighborhood neon trips.
Share this article
Hotels in Quesnel on the Map
November 12, 2016
June 8, 2018
October 18, 2017